All of the Categories by Fruits & Nuts
Newsletters & Blogs: Farm Advisors - Current Topics
- Almond Digest
Newsletter by Paul Verdegaal and Brent Holz, Farm Advisors, San Joaquin County.
- Almond Notes - Butte County
Newsletter from Joe Connell, Farm Advisor, Butte County. Focus on almonds & walnuts.
- Crop Currents - Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
Newsletter from Janet Caprile, Farm Advisor, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. Primarily cherry, stone fruit, olive, walnut and grape
- Field Notes Newsletter - San Joaquin County
A Newsletter from San Joaquin County Farm Advisors. Research and new developments related to agriculture in the county. Includes almond, walnut, grapes, veg crops, range land.
- Fruit & Nut Newsletters - Tehama County
Newsletters from Richard Buchner, Farm Advisor, Tehama County. Orchard management for walnuts, almonds and prunes
- Fruit & Nut Notes - Solano and Yolo Counties
Newsletter from Farm Advisors, Solano and Yolo Counties. Topics in production, principally almond, prune and walnut.
- In a Nutshell - Tulare County
Newsletter from Elizabeth Fichtner, Farm Advisor, Tulare County. Orchard management for walnut, almond and pistachio.
- Kern Almond News - Kern County
Newsletter from Kern County. Focus on almond.
- Nut Crops - Kings County
Newsletter from Bob Beede, Farm Advisor, Kings County. Focus on almond and pistachio.
- Orchard Facts - Glenn County
News and updates:orchard crops in northern California counties. Focus primarily on walnut, prune and almond.
- Orchard Notes - Tulare County
Newsletter by Kevin Day, Farm Advisor, Tulare County. Primarily stone fruit production and culture, some coverage of apples, pears, cherries, apricots, kiwifruit, persimmons and pomegranates.
- Orchard Topics - Colusa County
Newsletter from John Edstrom, Farm Advisor, Colusa County. Primarily almonds & walnuts.
- Pomology Notes - Sutter and Yuba Counties
Newsletter by Franz Niederholzer, Farm Advisor, Sutter-Yuba Counties. Topics in tree crop production, principally almond and prune.
- The Almond Doctor - Blog
Blog posted by David Doll, Farm Advisor, Merced County. focus on almond..
- The Kings Crack Out - Kings County
Newsletter from Bob Beede, Farm Advisor Kings County. Focus on nut crops.
- The Pomology Post - Madera County
Newsletter from Brent Holtz, Farm Advisor, Madera County. Topics in tree crop production, including farm safety, irrigation, pest management. Nut crops including almond, stone fruit.
- The Scoop on Fruits and Nuts - Stanislaus County
Newsletter by Roger Duncan, Farm Advisor, Stanislaus County. Topics in tree crop production, principally peach, nectarine and almond.
- Tree and Vine Newsletter - Merced County
Newsletter from David Doll and Maxwell Norton, Farm Advisors, Merced County. Topics in tree crop production, including farm safety, irrigation, pest management.
non-University of California Resources
- Advanced Sensing & Management Technologies to Optimize Resource Use in Deciduous Tree Crops
UC Research website: a multi-disciplinary project to develop guidelines for nutrient and water management, adaptive to local conditions
- Almond Leaf Scorch (pdf)
Beth Teviotdale, UCCE Kearney Ag. Center, and Joe Connell, UCCE Butte Co. 2003 (4 pp.) ANR Pub. 8106
- Almond publications
Roger Duncan, UCCE Farm Advisor, Stanislaus Co. Nutrition, planting, pruning, and pest management information
- Dormant Spray Alternatives Calculator
UC IPM Online
- Growth Regulators in Orchard Mgt: Technical Reports for Almond: 2006
Kitren Glozer, Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis. Topics include treatments to minimize noninfectious bud failure and to increase nut and hull size
- IPM-Based Guidelines for Replanting Prunus Orchards in 2002 without Methyl Bromide (pdf)
Michael McKenry, Nematology Dept., UC Riverside. 2002 (5 pp.)
- Late Season Navel Orangeworm Considerations (pdf)
Farm Press, July 2008 (1 p.)
- Leaffooted bugs in Almonds (pdf)
David Haviland and Mario Viveros, UCCE Kern Co. 2006 (3 pp.)
- Non-infectious Bud Failure (pdf)
Dale Kester, et al., Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis. Final Project Report. Jun 2000. (25 pp.)
- Nut Crops - Gurreet Brar, Farm Advisor, Fresno & Madera Counties
UC Cooperative Extension Fresno County
- Producing Quality Almonds: Food Safety Starts on the Farm (pdf)
Bruce Lampenin, Dept. Plant Sciences, UC Davis, and Joseph Connell, UCCE Butte Co. 2004 (3 pp.)Publ. 8126
- Regional Almond Variety Trials
Annual Reports (1996 to present) for ongoing trials to evaluate new almond varieties. files in pdf format: sizes: 8-12MB
- Seasonal Guide to Environmentally Responsible Pest Management Practices in Almonds (pdf)
Carolyn Pickel UCCE Sutter-Yuba Co., Walt Bentley, UCCE Kearney Ag Center, Joe Connell, UCCE Butte Co., Roger Duncan, UCCE Stanislaus Co, Mario Viveros, UCCE Kern Co. 2006 (8 pp.) UC ANR Leaflet 21619
- SWP: Estimated almond baseline water potential using current temperature and relative humidity (pdf)
Ken Shackel, modified by Bruce Lampinen, Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis. 2014.
- SWP: Using Midday Stem Water Potential to Refine Irrigation Scheduling in Almond (pdf)
Bruce Lampinen, Ken Shackel and Sam Metcalf, Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis (3 pp.)
- Tree Blow-Over Problems in Almond (pdf)
Bill Krueger, UCCE Glenn and Tehama Co. 2004 (2 pp.)
- UC IPM Pest Management Guidelines: Almonds
UC IPM Online
- Using the Pressure Chamber for Irrigation Management in Walnut, Almond & Prune - ANR Publ 8623 (pdf)
by UCCE Farm Advisors Allan Fulton, Tehama Co., Joe Grant, San Joaquin Co., Richard Buchner, Tehama Co., and Joe Connell, Butte Co.
Some links are to sites outside of the UC domain. No endorsement is intended of products, services, or information, nor is criticism implied of similar sites that are not mentioned.