All of the Categories by Fruits & Nuts
Educational Content, including Basic Crop Information
- California Tree Fruit Agreement Research Reports Database
A database, currently under development, to archive research projects supporting the California stone fruit industry from 1939 to 2010.
- Nectarine Fertilization Guidelines
User friendly almond fertilization guidelines based on current nutrient management research.
- UC Fruit Report
This site, developed by University of California scientists, contains useful information about establishing and managing fresh market peach, plum and nectarine orchards for California growers.
Newsletters & Blogs: Farm Advisors - Current Topics
- Crop Currents - Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
Newsletter from Janet Caprile, Farm Advisor, Alameda and Contra Costa Counties. Primarily cherry, stone fruit, olive, walnut and grape
- Orchard Notes - Tulare County
Newsletter by Kevin Day, Farm Advisor, Tulare County. Primarily stone fruit production and culture, some coverage of apples, pears, cherries, apricots, kiwifruit, persimmons and pomegranates.
- The Pomology Post - Madera County
Newsletter from Brent Holtz, Farm Advisor, Madera County. Topics in tree crop production, including farm safety, irrigation, pest management. Nut crops including almond, stone fruit.
- The Scoop on Fruits and Nuts - Stanislaus County
Newsletter by Roger Duncan, Farm Advisor, Stanislaus County. Topics in tree crop production, principally peach, nectarine and almond.
- Tree and Vine Newsletter - Merced County
Newsletter from David Doll and Maxwell Norton, Farm Advisors, Merced County. Topics in tree crop production, including farm safety, irrigation, pest management.
- Tree Pest Updates: Oriental Fruit Moth - Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
Newsletter by Janet Caprile, Farm Advisor, Alameda & Contra Costa counties. Focus on peach and nectarine.
- Tree Pest Updates: Peach Twig Borer - Alameda and Contra Costa Counties
Newsletter by Janet Caprile, Farm Advisor, Alameda & Contra Costa counties. Focus on peach, nectarine, apricot and plum.
non-University of California Resources
- Dormant Spray Alternatives Calculator
UC IPM Online
- Introduction to Brown Rot of Stone Fruits
UC Kearney Agricultural Research and Extension Center
- IPM-Based Guidelines for Replanting Prunus Orchards in 2002 without Methyl Bromide (pdf)
Michael McKenry, Nematology Dept., UC Riverside. 2002 (5 pp.)
- Kearney Agricultural Center Perpendicular "V" (KAC-V) Orchard System for Peaches and Nectarines (pdf)
Theodore M. DeJong, UCCE Dept. Plant Sciences, UC Davis, Kevin R. Day, UCCE Tulare Co., James F. Doyle and R. Scott Johnson, UCCE Dept. Plant Sciences, UC Davis. HortTechnology 1994 (7 pp.)
- Orchard-System Configurations Increase Efficiency,
Improve Profits in Peaches and Nectarines (pdf)
Kevin R. Day, UCCE Tulare Co, Theodore M. DeJong and R. Scott Johnson, UCCE Dept. Plant Sciences, UC Davis. 2005 (5 pp.)
- Peach and Nectarine publications
Roger Duncan, UCCE Farm Advisor, Stanislaus Co. Nutrition, planting, pruning, and pest management information.
- Physiological Disorder Fact Sheets: Apple, Grape, Olive, Pear, Persimmon, Pomegranate, Stonefruit
Carlos Crisosto, (ed.) Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis, UC Postharvest Technology Research and Information Center
- Recommendations for Maintaining Postharvest Quality: Nectarine and Peach
Carlos H. Crisosto, Elizabeth J. Mitcham, and Adel A. Kader Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis
- Reduced-Risk Fungicides Help Manage Brown Rot
and Other Fungal Diseases of Stone Fruit (pdf)
J. E. Adaskaveg, H. Förster, Plant Pathology Dept. UC Riverside, W. D. Gubler, B. L. Teviotdale, UCCE Plant Sciences, UC Davis, and D. F. Thompson, UC Riverside. in California Agriculture 2005 (6 pp)
- Seasonal Guide to Environmentally Responsible Pest Management Practices in Peaches and Nectarines
Guide to IPM by UC scientists. 2007 (8 pp.) UC ANR Pub. 21625. Link to ANR Catalog for purchase
- UC IPM Pest Management Guidelines: Nectarine
UC IPM Online
- Using Spring Weather Data to Predict Harvest Date and Sizing Potential for Peaches Nectarines and Plums (pdf)
Ted DeJong, Kevin Day, Gerardo Lopez, and Scott Johnson, Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis. 2007 (6 pp.)
Some links are to sites outside of the UC domain. No endorsement is intended of products, services, or information, nor is criticism implied of similar sites that are not mentioned.