All of the Categories by Fruits & Nuts: Pomegranate
Educational Content, including Basic Crop Information
- Pomegranate Program
This is a site for individuals interested in general pomegranate information and resources, including production information, cost studies, pests and diseases and postharvest information.
- Physiological Disorder Fact Sheets: Apple, Grape, Olive, Pear, Persimmon, Pomegranate, Stonefruit
Carlos Crisosto, (ed.) Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis, UC Postharvest Technology Research and Information Center
- Pomegranate: Planning the Orchard Site
Louise Ferguson, UCCE, Kitren Glozer, Dept. of Plant Sciences UC Davis, Mark Bell. 2008 (1 p.)
- Recommendations for Maintaining Postharvest Quality: Pomegranate
Carlos H. Crisosto, Elizabeth J. Mitcham, and Adel A. Kader Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis
- Shaping Pomegranates (pdf)
Louise Ferguson, UCCE, Kitren Glozer, Dept. of Plant Sciences, Mark Bell. 2008 (1 p.)
Farm Advisors' Newsletters & Blogs: Current Topics & Meetings
- Orchard Notes - Tulare County
Newsletter by Kevin Day, Farm Advisor, Tulare County. Primarily stone fruit production and culture, some coverage of apples, pears, cherries, apricots, kiwifruit, persimmons and pomegranates.
- Pomegranates draw a crowd to Kearney
Jeannette E. Warnert, Kearney News Updates
- Pomology Notes - Sutter and Yuba Counties
Newsletter by Franz Niederholzer, Farm Advisor, Sutter-Yuba Counties. Topics in tree crop production, principally almond and prune.
- San Joaquin Pomologist Newsletter - San Joaquin County
Newsletter from Joe Grant, Farm Advisor, San Joaquin County. Workshop and meeting announcements.
- The Pomology Post - Madera County
Newsletter from Brent Holtz, Farm Advisor, Madera County. Topics in tree crop production, including farm safety, irrigation, pest management. Nut crops including almond, stone fruit.
non-University of California Resources
- Mediterranean Fruits: Olive, Mandarin, Fig, Persimmon, Pomegranate, Pistachio, Loquat
Joan Tous and Louise Ferguson. In: J. Janick (ed.), Progress in new crops. ASHS Press, Arlington, VA. 1996
M.D. Sheets, M.L. Du Bois and J.G. Williamson, Univ. of Florida IFAS Extension
- Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.)
Center for New Crops and Plants Products, Purdue University
- Pomegranate Fruit Facts
California Rare Fruit Growers
- Pomegranate Pest Management in the San Joaquin Valley (pdf)
Devin Carroll, Bernard Puget, Brad Higbee, Matt Quist, Octavio Magallenes, Norman Smith, Andrea Gjerde, and Ken Schneider. 2006 (11 pp.)
Some links are to sites outside of the UC domain. No endorsement is intended of products, services, or information, nor is criticism implied of similar sites that are not mentioned.