Fruit and Nut Information
All of the Categories by Fruits & Nuts: Pomegranate
- Pomegranate Program
This is a site for individuals interested in general pomegranate information and resources, including production information, cost studies, pests and diseases and postharvest information.
- Physiological Disorder Fact Sheets: Apple, Grape, Olive, Pear, Persimmon, Pomegranate, Stonefruit
- Pomegranate: Planning the Orchard Site
- Recommendations for Maintaining Postharvest Quality: Pomegranate
- Shaping Pomegranates (pdf)
Carlos Crisosto, (ed.) Dept. of Plant Sciences, UC Davis, UC Postharvest Technology Research and Information Center
Louise Ferguson, UCCE, Kitren Glozer, Dept. of Plant Sciences UC Davis, Mark Bell. 2008 (1 p.)
Carlos H. Crisosto, Elizabeth J. Mitcham, and Adel A. Kader Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis
Louise Ferguson, UCCE, Kitren Glozer, Dept. of Plant Sciences, Mark Bell. 2008 (1 p.)
Farm Advisors' Newsletters & Blogs: Current Topics & Meetings
- Orchard Notes - Tulare County
- Pomegranates draw a crowd to Kearney
- Pomology Notes - Sutter and Yuba Counties
- San Joaquin Pomologist Newsletter - San Joaquin County
- The Pomology Post - Madera County
Newsletter by Kevin Day, Farm Advisor, Tulare County. Primarily stone fruit production and culture, some coverage of apples, pears, cherries, apricots, kiwifruit, persimmons and pomegranates.
Jeannette E. Warnert, Kearney News Updates
Newsletter by Franz Niederholzer, Farm Advisor, Sutter-Yuba Counties. Topics in tree crop production, principally almond and prune.
Newsletter from Joe Grant, Farm Advisor, San Joaquin County. Workshop and meeting announcements.
Newsletter from Brent Holtz, Farm Advisor, Madera County. Topics in tree crop production, including farm safety, irrigation, pest management. Nut crops including almond, stone fruit.
non-University of California Resources
- Mediterranean Fruits: Olive, Mandarin, Fig, Persimmon, Pomegranate, Pistachio, Loquat
- Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.)
- Pomegranate Fruit Facts
- Pomegranate Pest Management in the San Joaquin Valley (pdf)
Joan Tous and Louise Ferguson. In: J. Janick (ed.), Progress in new crops. ASHS Press, Arlington, VA. 1996
M.D. Sheets, M.L. Du Bois and J.G. Williamson, Univ. of Florida IFAS Extension
Center for New Crops and Plants Products, Purdue University
California Rare Fruit Growers
Devin Carroll, Bernard Puget, Brad Higbee, Matt Quist, Octavio Magallenes, Norman Smith, Andrea Gjerde, and Ken Schneider. 2006 (11 pp.)
Some links are to sites outside of the UC domain. No endorsement is intended of products, services, or information, nor is criticism implied of similar sites that are not mentioned.