Pistachio Day 2012 Presentations
2012 Annual Statewide Pistachio Day
Visalia Convention Center
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Power Point Presentations (pdf)
- Pesticides, Food Safety, GAPs, Sustainability, and the California Pistachio Industry
Bob Klein, Manager, California Pistachio Research Board
- Navel Orangeworm Management in 2011 vs 2010: Factors Affection Successful NOW Control
Joel P. Siegel, Research Entomologist, USDA/ARS, Parlier
- Kern NOW Damage, Sanitation Research and Advances in Pheromone Development
Bradley S. Higbee, Research Entomologist, Paramount Farming Co.
- Research Update on Planting Pistachios in Saline Soils
Blake Sanden, UCCE Irrigation and Soils Farm Advisor, Kern County
- Hot Tips for Improved Control of Nutsedge, Fleabane, and other Difficult Weeds
Kurt Hembree, UCCE Weed Management Farm Advisor, Fresno County
- Getting a Better Shake: Harvesting Pistachio Trees in the Future
Louise Ferguson, UCCE Pomology Specialist, UC Davis
- Nematodes in Pistachios: What Do We Know?
Mike McKenry, UCCE Nematologist, UC Kearney and UC Riverside
- Advances in Managing Alternaria & Botryosphaeria Blights; and Controlling Aflatoxin with AF36
Themis Michailides, UCCE Plant Pathologist, UC Kearney and UC Davis
- What's the Latest in Pistachio Plant Nutrition?
Patrick Brown, UCCE Specialist and Professor of Plant Nutrition, UC Davis